£18.50 for a single roofing slate?

Yes true, a trendy local shop has roofing slates at £18.50 each, none of your recycled stuff, but new probably Chinese slates. For no extra charge they include two handy mounting holes at the top.

Apparently they are selling as kitchen notice boards (chalk not included).

It makes me wonder what other regular items we use/buy could be re-purposed at a massive mark up?

Reply to
Toby

I had to pay about four pounds each when I needed a few about a year ago, after high winds, and that was from a builders merchant .(essex)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"repurposed"...... aaaghhh

That's in the same set of words as "leverage" used as a verb, and "momentarily" used inappropriately instead of "momently"

I could only find it in the American Heritage Dictionary (but that seemed like a contradiction in terms.)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Do It Yourself" language.........nothing wrong in that!

Reply to
Stuart

.gl

Maybe, but I've yetrto hear "presentarily" :-)

Reply to
Bob

Probably due to family / work on both sides of the Atlantic.

From Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary © Cambridge University Press

2003 (although not listed in their dictionary of American English)
- verb {I or T} to find a new use for an idea, product or building

So to reiterate, any other regular items that have be given an alternate purpose for great profit?

Reply to
Toby

Ol. Lwpf typdnyu desptk gy dneigl!

Bont

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I didn't know you could speak Welsh.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I can't.It's do it yourself language, nothing wrong with that.

As long as it communicates the message, which most doesn't.

But I'm sure you knew that.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Almost!

Wayne Sleep to

It's only between acts ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Bob writes

I'm sure Bush will utter it in due course

Reply to
geoff