Subject Author Posted Replies

EU rolling back on 'green' energy?
OK, it is the Global Warming Policy Foundation, who are actually very measured and sceptical..but its an interesting piece. " Europe, the Washington Post recently warned, ?has become a green-energy...
7
7

Copper grease for anti-seize lamba sensor
I'm replacing a car O2 (lamba) sensor and wondered about using an anti-seize compond. The ones I see ebayed usually say "contain copper.. etc." so I wonder if a little copper-grease would do the job?...
3
3

Some interesting ideas for all you DIYs
http://www.videobash.com/video_show/some-pretty-cool-furniture-708595

More scamming cold callers
Alzheimer mother was getting pestered by some company (I wrote the name down but can't find it now). They phoned up and presumably went through a list of building items before they hit upon a back...
26
26

Can you buy paraffin at a reasonable price?
I was thinking about getting a tilley lamp to use in the garden. A bit nostalgic I guess, as I used to have one back in the 70s. You used to be able to get paraffin easily and cheaply (esso blue or...
59
59

O ring grooves
Hi all, In hydraulic pumps and the like, you typically find o ring seals sitting in little grooves around a cylinder to prevent liquid leaks. Question is, are these grooves semi-circular or square in...
5
5

uPVC windows
I am planning to replace my wooden windows for uPVC ones. What are the two or three best brands? Thanks, Antonio
40
40

BT's great broadband scam
"...The former public utility is gambling with your money, but doesn't think you should know where it's going.." Tax havens innit
13
13

One here for Dennis to read.
I know you are interested in the topic! :-) Societal collapse - Wikipedia

Road the disaster- Resumed
Maybe for those in the know, but not for the rest of us. A few years ago I was temporarily out of work and my wife was working part time. We were eligible for tax credits and I got contributions based...
165
165

OT; WorldPay Zinc
I'm looking at taking card payments via my smartphone. WorldPay Zinc seems the best option so far. Anyone use it or similar?
1
1

I have found something more annoying than apprentices.
It's BT engineers. Wankers.
42
42

Cig smoke smell, which paint
Hi folks What paint would be best to stop walls ponging of cigs? I've been offered Z innzer coverstain, a 30min drying oil based paint, but no experience with i t. Other perhapses include shellac and...
18
18

'ickle bit of concrete
1m x 2.4m x 150mm = 0.36m3, as a base for a bulk LPG tank. What mix would you use, and would you hire a mixer and DIY it, or look into readymix? What sort of cost would you expect? Ta.
5
5

Water pressure problem with shower and basin tap
Dear All, I recently had a new bathroom suite installed in my house (actually, a rece ntly acquired house for rental). For information, the area has soft water a nd the heating system is a...
11
11