16A Surface mounted inlet plug for caravan or similar

I can get one to IP44 but these have exposed pins. I can get a named inlet plug for 32 with a flap and IP67 from Screwfix but struggling to find one that is IP67 in 16A.

I can go to eBay and get one that is no-name but I would far prefer one with a name and perhaps more rugged.

Does anyone have a source for this?

Reply to
Fredxx

Do you mean exposed pins when there is no plug in the inlet?

So just insert a "bare" 16A plug into the socket when it is not been used.

Reply to
ARW

No idea about IP rating (but has a cover)

IP44 with cover.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Or more of an enclosure, than a cover

Andy Burns

Subject line says ?surface mount?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

How about fitting the brand name inlet of choice with a separate captive cover?

Andy Burns

It's an inlet, the male plug pins are dead, so what's the problem?

The flap cover on these connectors is on the female (outlet, socket) and latches on to the male connector. I don't think I ever seen a flap on cable or chassis mount male from 16 to 125A single and 3 phase.

I can't see it... surface outlets (female) with flap but none of the surface inlets (male) that I can find using "32A surface" as the search term have flaps.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I meant socket eg

ARW

is worth watching. I've not found any difference between the cheap and expensive ones

Reply to
Peter Parry

No expert on these but the the flap seems to have no influence on the IP rating but just by observation I note that the IP67 rating only applies to those male plugs with what appears as a locking ring the engages on a suitable female socket with a flange that?s accepts the locking ring which probably acts a seal for water ingress. This to me makes sense in that that it is only in use that the IP rating needs to apply.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Thanks but it looks vulnerable to being stolen and back to square 1.

Reply to
Fredxx

Thanks, I have come across ones like this, but wary of the no-name aspect of purchasing one of these.

Reply to
Fredxx

I think that is the closest I'm going to get to a flap for a named make of surface plug.

Reply to
Fredxx

I was concerned over crap and dirt as well as corrosion of the pins. As you say the pins should not be live.

Apologies, I seem to have been mistaken.

Reply to
Fredxx

Brian Reay

Who had this:

Or direct to manufacturer:

Thanks, you have found what I wanted. CEF was the last place I would normally have looked as they are generally so over-priced.

Reply to
Fredxx

In the end I got a no-name one. However the moulding looks identical to the Mennekes 847 and convinced it must be the same one, except at a fraction of the price.

Reply to
Fredxx