15mm grommets?

Can you get them - I can't find any.

I have a couple if PIRs for security lights and they have 15mm holes in the back of them. I don't want to leave them open to elements where the cable enters - but I can't find correct size grommets.

Any tips on how to seal cable entry?

Reply to
wallace

=============================== These might be suitable:

Cicero

Wine bottle cork. Works well for old centrall heating pipe holes as well

Reply to
Rob

Silicone

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

So you really need blind or blanking grommets? Maplin or Halfords.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sorry - are you saying that both Maplin and Halford sell 15mm I can't see them on-line?

Reply to
Wallace

For Maplin check out QT95, QT98, RG78. Their website isn't much good these days. Never looked at Halfords one - but saw packs of assorted blanking grommets in my local one the other day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

cheers - many thanks

Reply to
wallace

Looks possible - many thanks

Reply to
wallace

Cicero said : "These might be suitable:

"Their description includes the seemingly contradictory statement that they are for a 15mm hole, and have an M12 thread on them. It's not contradictory - you need some clearance to pass the thread into (1.5mm in this case), and you need a lock nut on the inside of the box you're grometting into. If I recall my ExE wiring in the past, you can get junction boxes with walls thick enough to screw a gland into directly (without a locking nut), but these typically have tapered threads (NPT if I recall correctly, but I can't remember if that's to Lloyds list standards, US Coastguard, or Det Norske Veritas) and you still need some lock nut to secure your earthing tag with, so there's no great advantage. Unless you're replacing those horrible putty-filled sealant glands for US CG regs.

Reply to
Aidan Karley