15mm Compression Fitting

Hi,

I'm having trouble locating a 15mm compression fitting -

The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs to be a male thread 3/4".

Does such a thing exist - I've seen 1 22mm to 3/4 but have all the other fittings I need in 15mm could put a straight reducer on if I need to but rater avoid it if possible.

I'm trying to connect the Hozelock timer for the hanging basket irrigation system directly to the supply pipe to the outside tap - plan to install a service valve and one way check valve in the pipework.

The current connection is made via a Hozelock 4 way plastic fitting - each of the 4 branches have a separate tap to regulate the flow rate but it's only about 6 years old and the taps leak - Garden Centre / Sheds want about £ 22 for a new one - since I only need to have the hose and the irrigation system connected then I figure I can do a better and cheeper job if I can find the right bits.

Regards

Steve Lowe.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

Do you mean like this:

thankyousam

Do you mean like this:

like this ?

powerstation

The message from Steve Lowe contains these words:

Wouldn't it be simpler to just fit a second tap?

Reply to
Guy King

15mm compression fitting one end - the other end needs be a male thread 3/4". Any proper plumbers merchant or
George Tingsley

A standard washing machine service valve meets this spec - usually comes with a pair of short on/off lever in red & blue.

HTH

Reply to
jim_in_sussex

part number 9011 (or 7832 if you want a taper male fitting)

Reply to
John Rumm

This product is available though not at the sheds or screwfix.

In order not to have to carry a huge range of fittings in the van I have a 22mm to 3/4 MI fitting and then a 22/15mm reducing olive set.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Cheers Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

see what I mean about the right fitting in the right size - maybe it's the plumbing Holy Grail !!!

Cheers,

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

George

Thanks - that's the one - I can take pic into plumbers merchants and not look a right berk now.

Thanks again.

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

Thanks John - thats the beast as well.

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

Hi - Thanks - did'nt think about a washing machine valve - might have one in my plumbing box - will also save having to put a service valve in as well.

Cheers

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

If that prospect worries you, don't take the picture in. Just ask for a

3/4in BSP male to 15mm copper compression fitting and look as though you know they will have one on the shelf.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar