Subject Author Posted Replies

USB mains sockets opinion
Looking to get a couple as they look to be useful. Probably missed the extra long discussion that someone is going to point me to :) But, what are the residents opinions on these? If they are all...
27
27

safety warning
Tim w http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIKPAmCcAA31T3.jpg
10
10

Government Surpluc,,
What other other uses are there for these containers,, /// http://vimeo.com/107800026
1
1

USB connected printer to Ethernet.
I've got an older HP printer which I installed onto my PC (Windows 7) with ethernet connection. I've been given a younger one which had to have some major repairs - duff electrolytic caps - which I...
7
7

PAT funny colours
We've now got some black PAT stickers. What's the law on this, where can I find it? NT
35
35

Hose for external tap kit
I managed to snap the white plastic screw on the DIY external tap kit which has been in place for a few years at home - it had started to leak a little, I assume the seal had perished or similar, so I...
4
4

No warming for 16 years, says Met Office
or The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures. The...
25
25

reupholster a leather sofa
Our dark brown 2 seater leather sofa is starting to sag but the leather is in good condition. You can just about feel some of the frame at the front i n certain seating positions. I was going to get a...
5
5

Foam backed board?
On (the inside of) an external wall, is there much benefit to foam backed boards? Construction is stone in places, brick in others. What about party walls? Generally speaking of course.
16
16

Advice on adhesives sought: ceramic to wood
Any recommendations on this? I have a friend who is a potter; one of her specialities is abstract ceramic forms, which she fastens to pieces of driftwood. The whole piece is intended to hang on a...
7
7

Uneven door frame
Any ideas on a work flow to correct this: One side of the frame is higher than the other, and the door (reasonably level) is letting through a draft at the higher end, from the cellar. I'd also like...
8
8

Indesit Oven
The grill element in a neighbour's oven has one half fialed (it tripped the mains). As a good neghbour I felt it was asking a bit much for me to replace it and politely declined. Just wondering what...
5
5

Two sided privacy door knob for connecting door
I'm looking for a door knob set that can be locked from either side without a key, for basically the same situation as described here: (i.e. door between bedroom and bathroom, both rooms also have...
27
27

OT Fracking
Came across this:- Interesting Hydraulic fracturing in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia Hydraulic fracturing in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
10
10

Halfords... we fit... erm, no you dont matey
Halfords may want to re-think their slogan after a van bearing the message "We fit" became trapped under a bridge in south east London. Halfords may want to re-think their slogan after a van bearing...
67
67