Subject Author Posted Replies

Get them nukes steamed up...
Looks like Didcot B Power Station might not be producing much electricity for a while: A major fire has broken out at Didcot B Power Station, Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue has said. Twenty fire...
4
4

OT Major fire at Didcot B
In one of the cooling towers, apparently. Depending on how it affects the power station's performance, it could tip us closer to 'lights out' over the coming winter. (How can a cooling tower catch...
30
30

OT: getting a TP-Link WA701ND to connect to a Homehub5
I've successfully used this WA701ND as a bridge to my printers with a Homehub2 for several years. I've just changed to a homehub5 and, despite setting the homehub SSID and code to the same as before,...
1
1

looking for a decent mechanical alarm clock
Does someone know where I might get hold of a decent mechanical alarm clock? All I've found are * a piece of junk with two bells on the top by Acctim that lasts a few months * crap plasticky Chinese...
22
22

Heat mats in the attic
Been helping my parents make some alterations to their bungalow they have just bought, built in the 1970's and located near Scarborough, the walls have that compressed straw stuff for insulation...
10
10

HELP WITH MY TRIANCO COMBI 110 F.S OIL BOILER
My problem is that for last 3 years my boiler keeps cutting out, but only in Winter when it is on the timer morning and night. Sometimes it will go off about 3 or 4 times in in a couple of hours and...
3
3

Help me choose new bathroom flooring with some good ideas!
I'm up on the 2nd floor of an apartment building, old wooden planks on floor with small spaces in between. Presently has cork tiles which are disintegrating. I want something watertight that will last...
34
34

Re: B&Q spends £60m on relaunched website
Though Toolstation are often woeful for description information - for example look at 'door stops' and none of them have any dimensions at all. Or a lot of metalwork they don't tell you the size of...

energy security
Searching for Worcester boilers I found this: Bill http://www.ukipworcester.org.uk/userfiles/downloads/sys/UKIP-Energy-Policy.pdf
8
8

Sealing around the edge of laminate floors
We have a laminate floor, laid onto a foil backed underlay, laid onto unins ulated floorboards. The skirting was added afterwards, and sits flush as po ssible to the laminate. We get draughts under...
11
11

OT Seabids
Anyone remember a bit of music called ISTR "Seabird City?" It was compiled entirely from seabird calls. Probably from the 1970s. Any links? Ta in advance.
8
8

Bent plasterboards
Had a D'oh moment today, decided to finish boarding some walls we started last week but then remembered we'd left the boards leaning against a wall. Needless to say I have a collection of curved...
4
4

APC UPS Replacement batteries!...
Got a 1500 rack mount APC UPS that is in need of a battery change. Anyone got any recommend manufacturers and suppliers of individual batteries rather than the APC replacement cartridge?.. Cheers...
8
8

Weird corrosion on valve fitting
Hi, Just after a 2nd opinion here: This is my main water supply where it enters the house. I'm wondering where this blue/green corrosion has come from. Damn sure the joints did not weep when I put...
14
14

Using T&G cladding for cupboard doors
Hi all, I looking to make some outdoor cupboards and was thinking of using some T&G cladding (19mm) to construct the doors. If I glued the pieces together along the tongue, once dry, will the...
10
10