13A Plug tops with neon light

Well why do you not explain quite clearly how you would fit the neon to the plug - how do the wires enter the plug etc?

Reply to
Judith

If I remember those things, the neon was mounted to the base of the plug and either poked through the cover or had a window in it. Having it mounted to the cover with flying leads would be too delicate.

Trying to make one would be pointless, given they can be bought on Ebay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The ones I remember had them sunk into the cover, with a couple of springy brass strips touching the L and N terminals.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Absolutely : exactly my point.

Reply to
Judith

And a 3rd one that doesn't know what he's doing, but is happy to pass judgement.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If he does then you can be sure that is the day she will not.

Reply to
ARW

In the space above the neutral pin, connected to the latter and with a thin lead accross over the earth pin to the live terminal. It would be wrong to route it through the barrier between live and neutral as this is a safety feature.

Before you make unwarranted assertions you need to examine a practical example!

No, you asked if it could be safely done, not whether it was financially worthwhile Mind you when I was a teenager without money at the beginning of the 1960s I'd have done it if I wanted one.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Sunday night/Monday morning on the settee:-)

Reply to
ARW

Feel free to explain *precisely* how you would make it then: I'm sure that everyone will applaud your enterprise.

Reply to
Judith

On that, I suggest you give diy a bad name.

Reply to
Judith

Fortunately, I don't think you have the slghtest idea what you are talking about. Your opinion is not, in this case, of any value.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

When a discussion degenerates to questions like how do you spell ABC, no, I have not the least interest. So you carry on talking ballcocks, and I'll s pend my time doing something of at least some relevance and interest. And i f we're really lucky, somewhere along the line you'll at least admit you ha ven't got a clue on this topic. But I doubt you even know that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Ho, ho, ho

Scared that people will take the piss out of your abortive effort - just because you wouldn't fork out a couple of quid.

I must admit I thought that you were probably taking the piss when you said that you would make something out of a plug and a neon.

Now I know you are, if you are unwilling to explain your technique/

Scared that people here who know much more about such things than me will take the piss out of your attempt.

Keep up the good work.

Reply to
Judith

, I have not the least interest. So you carry on talking ballcocks, and I'l l spend my time doing something of at least some relevance and interest. An d if we're really lucky, somewhere along the line you'll at least admit you haven't got a clue on this topic. But I doubt you even know that.

plonk

Reply to
tabbypurr