13A Plug tops with neon light

I can't find these anywhere. Is there an electrical regulations reason why they are no longer avaialable?

- Mike (who likes to fit them to my soldering irons so that I don't leave them switched on).

Reply to
Mike

Google for '13a plug neon' and there are lots.

MOst have switches too, but that's OK. I have some here.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I like these...

(or eBay item number: 331604981382)

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

I have used one of these before:

(I wanted one which was in an extension socket on the floor and I could on/off it with my foot)

Reply to
Judith

If you want a quantity, these are better priced

Bob Minchin

£12.99 each? Lord, what's wrong with putting a neon in the plug. For t hin wires it's visible at the cord exit. A separate plug with neon also has its uses.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

For 5 = £2.60 each.

Reply to
ss

or thin wires it's visible at the cord exit. A separate plug with neon also has its uses.

still a daft price.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Sort of related but I've been looking for a single socket extension lead with a switch in the socket (I only need 1m length but am happy to cut down a longer one and fit a new plug). For indoor use only, and

3 to 5 amp is fine. Anyone seen one (UK plug/socket)?
Reply to
Davidm

It ain't pretty (but then, it's out of sight), but I mounted a pattress and a switch single socket on a small piece of wood to achieve the same effect. Wired it up with flex, cable tie inside the pattress and a cable P clip outside for strain relief - it passed a PAT test in my MIL's care home, which is where it originally was.

Reply to
Huge

Isn't it easier to fit one of these to the appliance?

dennis

Won't work for a wall wart.

Reply to
Max Demian

Not when you don't have one, and everything came out of the junk box.

Nothing dennis suggest works. I'm astonished that anyone still doesn't have him killfiled. His postings are a waste of electrons and he's a waste of space-time continuum.

Reply to
Huge

Perhaps you can find an alternative at a better price then.

Or did you say "still a daft price" just because you f***ed up?

It is an excellent item at a good price.

Reply to
Judith

. For thin wires it's visible at the cord exit. A separate plug with neon a lso has its uses.

I can. If I walk 20 feet I can find one that cost me an unused plug and an unused neon.

People are strange these days.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Metalclad socket, box, and a 20mm gland.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Not quite what you want (and I would like) and also no good outside:

It has a switch and light for each way.

Reply to
PeterC

I disagree, dennis is quite useful.

Just ask him to predict the outcome of something and then nip down to the bookies and put £20 on the opposite happening.

Reply to
ARW

Indeed : I am surprised that so many people cannot afford to or three quid for something and would rather spend their time making a pig's ear.

Perhaps you could put together your unused plug and the neon and show the rest of us how to do it and then we can all save a few bob.

Reply to
Judith

lug. For thin wires it's visible at the cord exit. A separate plug with neo n also has its uses.

an unused neon.

it takes no longer than wiring the plug, and the result is not a pig's ear. Thus spending 5 as much for no gain is senseless.

If you can't even wire a plug I doubt I can help.

Reply to
tabbypurr