Subject Author Posted Replies

Quick one: tiling on to tiles
If I want to tile on to tiles in a bathroom, without removing the old tiles (which are good, and flat) can I simply use ordinary tiling cement? Thanks John
8
8

Bosch boilers £266 new from Italy?
Am I missing something wrong with this one? The only question marks I can see so far are: theyre in Italy, so fairly immune from British reach Its badged Junkers, they're calling it Bosch NT
3
3

New boiler £108
While shopping for a new boiler, I kept seeing these things... What's the deal with them? I'm guessing they take in room air, so not room sealed, lack any exhaust gas sensing or control, and have poor...
4
4

OT - the evolving English language
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4pJAgWIUAEZb7p.jpg
5
5

Removing DRM from BBC Radio downloads ?
I download occasional BBC Radio programmes for listening to in the car. These auto delete after 30 days due to DRM Is there a simple way of removing the DRM or re-saving the audio file as MP3 without...
17
17

Liquid wood?
Hi All, We have a wooden swing/ slide framework in the garden which is made from ro und timber. Over time the timber has started to split (which is apparently normal and structurally ok)and the...
8
8

OT; The Mind Boggles
E-mail from gentleman; "Hi. Can you give me a quote for some decking in my garden. I've attached a picture." No sizes or indication of exactly where in the garden.......
1
1

[OT} Stables
Manchester still do - not far from my daughter's place. http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/section.html?readform&s=B8C89220D94C2AB3802579610038C1A6 http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/section.html?readform
25
25

OT How to catch a chicken?
Last night my neighbour was cleaning the chicken run and the bantam cockerel escaped. We spent about half an hour chasing him before losing him. He doesn't crow, so we can't track him that way....
17
17

OT Rainbow mountains China pix
The Danxia scenic area in Gansu province, north-west China, is a landform of reddish sandstone that has been eroded to create unusual rock formations
3
3

body repairs
Last year in this group we discussed the problem I had with the corrosion of my motorhome's body. Many voices said that any repair I did would not pass the MOT. In fact I ended up replacing the inner...
6
6

smell
I had to house-sit the other day, to await the Sky man, who was going to fix the broadband. But that's another story. The household includes an adult, who I will call Jim, who can't deal with callers...
1
1

OT - the generator saga continues
Having bid for a small Honda generator on eBay, I'm now trying to arrange a time to meet the seller as we are a long way apart but proposed routes over the next couple of weeks come very close to each...
15
15

OT Streetview and my old student digs
I lived at no 10 Looks like no 12 has stolen no 8's wheelie bin:-) Google Maps
25
25