Latest threads in Hand and Power Toolsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DeWalt Troubleshooting
Hi, I'm new to the group and was wondering if anybody knows a good site for tool troubleshooting. In particular I have a DeWalt DW421 Random Orbital Sander which spins but stops when applied to the...

Anyone know the differance between a porter cable fr350 and a fr350a framing nailer?
I have a fr350a and have been offered a fr350 for a small price, but I would like to know their differences. Thanks Bill

FA 99-Cents NR! Erector Set w/ Working Transformer Motor Winch more
99-cent, No Reserve Auction. Description & Pics. Will gladly combine shipping on multiple wins for a savings to you. Erector Set w/ Working Transformer Motor Winch more & Paste URL's into web browser...

Chain saw won't start
My Poulan Pro 260 LE chain saw won't start after its warm up so I have to leave the saw on. The primer bulb is empty, no gas, and won't prime regardless how times its pushed - still empty full of air....

FA NR! Ends Sat Aft., 1950's Handy Andy Tool Box w/ Tools Liner Pressed Steel Skil-Craft
99-cent, No Reserve Auction. Descriptions & Pics. Will gladly combine shipping on multiple wins for a savings to you. 1950's Handy Andy Tool Box w/ Tools Liner Pressed Steel Skil-Craft & Paste URL's...

Anyone repair Hilti TE-52?
Tool repair shops here in Central California say "nobody works on older Hilti tools. Since Hilti doesn't support 'obsolete' models, there's no source for repair parts." I've got a TE52 that hammers...
3
3

String Trimmers for Lawns
I had a Toro and found it very heavy and under powered so I would try one out in the store pretty throughly and see if you could return it within a certain amount of time and get credit towards...
2
2

aluminum wiring - safety
another thing that should be done when ever working with aluminum wire is coat the wire with a product called NOLOX you will probably need to go to an electrical supply to find it. While it does not...
2
2

Emglo Compressor No Start....
yes remove the leads from the capacitor, short the terminals to drain any charge, set the meter to a low ohms setting now check that the capacitor conducts then opens . This is better done with a...
3
3

Weird Electric Hand Drill Problem
I have had this Craftsman Electric Hand drill for many years and it has been working fine. Lately, it shuts off when I change its position. For example, it may work when I'm holding the drill...
4
4

Craftsman 10" Radial Saw: Loose track part way
I have a used Craftsman 10-inch Radial Arm saw and the only problem is that I can't get the saw to slide snug ALL the way. When it's back I can wiggle it quite a bit and as I move towards me it gets...
1
1

Powder Actuated Fastening and Tool Repair
For all of your powder actuated fastening needs, pay a visit to Pins and specializes in tools, pins and loads from ITW Ramset. We also have a tool cleaning and repair service, as well as powder...

Amp powers up, but no output.
Thus spake B A T M A N: I know you don't want to hear this, but... bin it. There's so much it could be, and without electronic troubleshooting skills, it would take months to find, even if you knew...
1
1

cartoon: Qualifications Your Plumber Should Have
Members of this group may enjoy this cartoon. :-) QUALIFICATIONS YOUR PLUMBER SHOULD HAVE See it at cartoons at Plumber Cartoon/Joke: QUALIFICATIONS YOUR PLUMBER SHOULD HAVE (Clean Humor) Funny...

Rebuilding Dewalt Batteries
Thus spake Bruce & Lois Nelson: Seems like a lot of work just to have the used cells fail soon (and they will fail soon). Just buy all new cells; they're pretty cheap. If the cells don't have a tab,...
3
3