Laptop Screen Hinge Too Loose

My dell inspiron 4000 screen won't quite stay upright. After too many openings and closings, I get the feeling it's become a bit loose. Unless it's within about 5 degrees of 90, the weight of the screen will flop it open to 180 degrees.

I deinstalled the screen and took a look at the hinge pin to see if there was a screw I could tighten but I see nothing of the sort. Perhaps there is some "anti-lubricant" I can treat the hinge pin with to hinder it's motion... add a bit of friction?

I see the end of the hinge pin is secured by a e-type washer. perhaps if I could add a thicker washer there to increase the compression fit (and thus add friction) to the joint, it would tighten up the clamshell motion.

Anybody have any ideas? experience? input?

Reply to
hupjack

one more thing...

is the dell website with a take apart diagram of the hinge I'm dealing with. Not super zoomed in detail, but you get the general idea.

Reply to
hupjack

Do they sell the hinges ?

here is the dell website with a take apart diagram of the hinge I'm dealing

Reply to
Jesus Alvarado !!