Latest threads in Sidingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where to find the Masonite stain kit
No further details provided

Scratching on outside wall
I have noticed on two separate occasions that when it was windy I have heard scratching outside one of our upstairs rooms. I assumed it was a bush that needed to be trimmed that was scratching up...
1
1

I was advised to use masonry conditioner to prime new T1-11 siding. Is this a good idea?
No further details provided

I caught the corner of my garage with my lawnmower and it ripped the corner post of the siding half way up. How do I repair it
It is still attached on one side, but the flanges are ripped out on the other side. Is there a way to push them back in?
1
1

vinyl siding missing on exterior wall of fireplace . should it be fixed?
No further details provided
1
1

high winds blew a large panel of vinyl siding from the upper addition, I need help in finding someone to reattach the panel!
High winds blew down a large panel of vinyl siding need to find help in having it reattached. The panel is off the upper addition.

where do i start when residing my garage
I have a 24'x26' garage with wood sofit and 8" wide wood siding on it. There are 1"x4" boards for the corners. My question is where do I start first? I have enough aluminum siding a friend gave me to...

have cedar siding and was told to treat every two years with kerosene and red automatic transmission fluid. any comments?
I have seen some treated with this and i looks great but I was also told you have to keep it up by washing with soap and water with bleach and mildewside every 2years and retreat. I was also told not...

do squirels and other rodents eat the masonite siding?
Our house has some damage to the masonite under the eaves. I've noticed that all of the other houses in our area w/the same damage. It looks like something scraped at the siding and tried to eat at...

noticed there is no house wrap on my 20 yr. home - how concerned should i be
i have a 20 yr old rancher in pretty good shape overall. Recently i noticed there is no house wrap or tyvek under the vinyl siding. I also have recently had the interior painted with new drywall tape....

Does anyone know where I could find old asphalt siding? Looking for multicolored granules, art deco design
We are restoring an old Finnish homestead and on one shed there are rolls of asphalt siding. The bottoms of the rolls have an art deco type of style...instead of being straight, there are steps. The...

Algae on aluminum.
Is Bayer Moss and Algae Killer safe for use on aluminum siding? It lists many surfaces, but not siding specifically.

Can I remove asbestos shingles myself?
No further details provided
2
2

On a screened porch addition, the contractor placed the support beam vertically against the siding and there are gaps-how to fill in gaps
Suport beam in against the siding and so there is a gap where the board does not touch or cover the indentations of the siding. Is there such a thing as a board that is cut to conform to the siding or...

i am looking for board and batten siding, need only a couple of pieces 12
the color is white and the pieces are 8' long
2
2