how to repair an old pool that has a sand bottom and sides

I am replacing my liner of my inground pool. It is 21 years old. The bottom and sides of the pool is sand. My pool people are afraid that there may be problems with the sand, and they will have to put a comcrete bottom and sides. Does is take a very experienced person to fix the sand problems, so that I don't have to get concrete?

Do they make new pools with sand bottoms and sides these days?

Thank you, Madelaine

Reply to
Anonymous