Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Taco 509 Mixing Valve Spec
Does anyone have the Spec on the Taco 509 Mixing Valve, its a 1 inch valve. I was wondering what the temperature range is and the factory temperature setting. It goes to a 25 GPM tankless water heater...
3
3

How to Join Galvinized Pipe to Copper Pipe?
What is the preferred method for joining galvanized pipe to copper pipe? One plumber told me he would thread the galvianized pipe the apply a fitting that would connect the copper pipe to the...
16
16

Mysterious Water Leak
Hi, this morning I cleaned up a mess in my basement caused by a water leak. Most of the water was on the floor of the bathroom and surrounding areas, including under the Whirlpool water heater that...
30
30

Options for replacing this valve?
The main valve to my house needs replacing. Here's a pic Any helpful tips I should be aware of first - other than shutting off the water co. valve first obviously and opening up some faucets to bleed...
26
26

Perplexing Hot Water Problem
Last week we installed an electric tankless hot water system. Everything worked as expected for several days, so we know things were hooked up right. For the last couple of days there has been a...
5
5

Punctured Water Line
Hello All, I was installing new base molding behind the toilet in our basement bathroom and ended up puncturing a hole in a 3/4" cold water copper pipe inside an interior wall. The pipe is punctured...
1
1

Backflow valve installed, water pressure build up
Last week the county replaced my water meter and installed a backflow valve. In preparation for this six months ago I had an old pressure reducing valve replaced and a thermal expansion tank installed...
1
1

Flushing Toilet
Whenever my toilet is flushed I have to wait for almost an entire hours before it will flush again? I can open the top and fill up the tank and it will flush fine. Is this because water is not coming...
2
2

Pulling new supply line from meter
I was told by a plumber that my underground flexible supply line from meter to house can be pulled through with a new one by attaching . I thought a trnch had to be dug. Any insights
19
19

DIY Icemaker Line Question
Hi guys, I recently was given a very nice refrigerator which has an ice maker/water dispenser. I have run the 1/4" line from the back of the fridge to under my kitchen sink. Last night I tried to...
2
2

Glowwom 50FF pcb problem
Hi, I have a PCB from the above name unit (50FF) and the current limiting resistor that follows the onboard fuse has distroyed itself. It is the little black resistor that joins the track from the...

Low Pressure
I maintain a bunch of Senior apartments. I have a tenant complaining of low pressure on the hot side of the kitchen faucet. Cold is good and all water in bathroom good pressures. It has new faucet and...
1
1

PIPE WRAP QUESTION
It may be a non-issue but here's the question. Just had a guy replace my outside Pressure Vacuum Breaker. He adhered the contoured foam pipe protection to the pipe with a tape called "FLEX-FIX for...
2
2

Wood Furniture: Compare Prices
Wood Furniture: Compare Prices Find Bargains on Wood Furniture and other Furniture and Home Decor. Get tax and shipping information, merchant ratings, and professional product reviews at Hand Painted...

PRESSURE VACUUM BREAKER QUESTION
I just noticed that my pressure vacuum breaker, which provides backflow protection by keeping my lawn sprinkler water separate from my house-water, is leaking. I'm having a guy in on Tuesday to check...