Cheapo Tool

I've been replacing a lot of tub drains, just the metal part from the tub side. They can be a pain to get started and not cross threaded and it's hard to see if you are holding it level. So I made a level by gluing (super glue gel) a bulls eye circular level onto a 3/8 x 1 1/2 bolt. The drains I use have this size threaded hole in the center. I screw the leveling bolt into the drain and then it's easy to keep it level while starting the threads. Hardware store probably has everything for under five bucks.

Mark

Reply to
Mark M.