Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help
Okay, no one knows about my problem. Ya know- the new construction sewer gas problem posted on 08/02 How about any referrals? Does anyone know of engineers ,septic experts I can pay to provide...
12
12

Quickbooks users
Does anybody in here use Quickbooks (any version)? If so, how do you like using it? Have you found a complimentary software package to allow you dispatching, estimating for our particular field, etc?...
2
2

Query about toilets
Can someone tell me the largest diameter sphere that can be flushed down a standard toilet without clogging it? Thanks.
3
3

Re: Sump Pump problem
I would venture that you have a wire problem on the pump that kicks off, possibly due to worn wire jacket due to vibration, pull the pump and inspect the wiring first. make sure the power is off...
1
1

converting laundry area to powder room
Is there an inexpensive way to convert the plumbing that is place for a washing machine to accomodate a toilet?
1
1

New Construction-Sewer Gas-puzzle
Hello- I hope someone can give me a clue to a puzzling problem. Bought a newly built home just over a month ago. No problems for the first couple of weeks then in week 3-4 after very heavy rain fall...

Hot supply question.
I have what I suppose is a standard hot water supply system. That is, there is an electrically-heated copper hot tank gravity-fed from a cold tank, and there is a stop-cock in that supply. The hot...
3
3

any local 130 (chicago) plumbers on here?
hi, i'm a retired 130 journeyman and just curious if any of my brothers or sisters are using this group. thanks.
7
7

Flex
Use a Licenced Plumber and you be safe
1
1

Re: JM
what now?
3
3

Ariston Point of Use Water Heater Requirements
I am building a house and want to install an Ariston point of use inline water heater to serve the master bath since the room is far from the whole house water heater. My plumber is telling me that I...

Flushing Toilet Cause Gurgling Out Of Sink Drain
I just bought a house with updated plumbing. When the bathroom toilet is flushed a gurgling sound comes out of the drain the the bathroom sink followed by sewage ordor. What can I do to fix this...
10
10

gas vs. oil for home heating?
Currently I have no central heating but I plan on installing a modern central heating system. I live in a rural area where some people have propane and others oil. I'm not sure which to install. I...
2
2

how much water in the well
I have a 375' deep well for my rural home. I presume there's no way to know how much water is in the well. Last summer, which was very hot, I stupidly ran the well dry trying to water a new lawn. With...
4
4

Re: Plumbing question
This is a very simple set up. The HWS has an inlet from the mains. There is a ball cock control on the inlet to the HWS. It is gravity feed from the HWS down a pipe to the bath. The bath has separate...
6
6