Query about toilets

Can someone tell me the largest diameter sphere that can be flushed down a standard toilet without clogging it?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dr. Richard Pavelle

It really depends on the toilet, as all of the major brands differ to some extent, A regular cheepo toilet from the local hardware store might take a 2 1/8 in dia. ball, a Toto might take a 2 1/2 in. ball, and there is an Aussie toilet that I've see take down several baseballs or a small grapefruit ( 4" trapway)

Reply to
sasha

"sasha"

Some Aussie's I know need a toilet that big.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Most Aussies I've met over the years were nice people, except for one individual,...he's probably in jail :) The Aussie toilet I saw though had exceptional flushing capacity, They've needed to perfect the 1.6 GPF because they have a chronic shortage of water in that country.

Reply to
sasha