Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Leaking 2" waterline
what kind of thoughts are you thanking us for?
14
14

Re: Singing Bathtub
harmonic overload about 24 hours ago turn the toilet valve off and see what happens, unless of course you have a drip on the tub faucet in which case...there's your answer.
3
3

Re: depth of sewer line???
"klong" Since it's a slab house, it probably won't be too deep. To find it takes an educated guess. If the house has only one bathroom, or maybe two of them back to back, the sewer probably runs out...
1
1

Re: Central heating radiators
well, you just got mike's attention
3
3

4" PVC slipped through 6" clay?
When installing a new sewer line at my house, the goal is a complete 4" sch40 PVC mainline connection from the house to the curb, except that, in one small section, in which a concrete staircase is...
5
5

Sewer line replacement
Due to tree root problems, I've gotten a few estimates for sewer line replacement from my house to the curb. I have two questions. 1) if it turns out that my existing sewer line is 6" clay pipe, is...

Re: Low Hot Water Pressure to Shower
"Brian Franklin" Just for a test, take the stop limit out, reassemble, then turn it as far as you can and see if it's hotter.
4
4

1.6 gallon toilets will work in basement?
Do these flush fine in a basement bathroom? If they didn't I guess the government wouldn't ban the 3 gallon ones. But I read they give problems so I am wondering if these problems are just a rarity.
1
1

Sewer Pipe Blasting
Sewer Pipe Blasting, has anyone have any information on this type of replacing a sewer line from a home to the city line at the street, without digging up the complete line area. ??
1
1

How do you remove the tub/shower diverter?
My elderly parents have mentioned that's it difficult to switch the water between the tub and the shower because the diverter is too stiff. Their home was built in the early 60's and has the diverter...
1
1

How to release water hammer?
Hi, I shut off the water supply valve to my toilet to replace the flush tank valve. On reopening the water supply valve I hear a loud hammering noise. Can someone please provide me with information on...
5
5

Looking for long, stiff pipes
I'm looking for a vendor who can supply 25-foot long stainless steel tubes / pipes for a "home improvement" project I'm working on. I'm suspending a 24 x 40 foot fabric canopy horizontally over my...
3
3

Dishwashers
Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I ask is because the washing machine drains via the...
2
2

Re: Natural Gas leak
On 8/19/03 "Redd" javatek? asks: Yes, it should work great. If you mean stop the leak and avoid a repair, the answer is probably not. If there was/is such an item it would be a violation of the...
6
6

squeaky pipes
I recall seeing a home improvement show that used a sort of a sleeve that should be used when drilling copper pipes through the wood framing to prevent squeaks but I can't find them . The idea is to...
5
5