Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

code change
i went to class today,, well this weekend.. the waste connection from an auto washer into a standpipe drain (minimum of 2") shall connect to a branch drain, or drainage stack a "minimum" 3" so from...
1
1

Re: The Bold look of Kohler!
"Alexei Pavlov" Who let you in my house??? My first experience with Turkish style toilets was last year in Europe. The advantage (besides the poop really shooting out while I squatted) is that your...

Faucet slow flow at first, then fine
Hello, I recently started having an odd problem with my kitchen faucet. When I turn the faucet on, either hot or cold, the flow is very slow intially, then it sort of ramps up to normal flow. This is...
2
2

Tankless Water Heater (and Hot Tub Conversion?)
We are looking into replacing out electric water heater with a tankless gas model and it occurs to me that there is no reason we shouldn't be able to also have it serve the electric hot tub also with...
1
1

pump size,and GPH needed for Fish Cleaning Station
(The sink sits about 5 feet above the water level.) Figure at least two 90 ° ells,and 7 feet of hose/pipe. What would the head be on those figures ? What type of filter (s) do I need to keep gunk...
2
2

Washer machine pump height
I plan on moving my washer from it's present location in my cellar. My question is how high can I safely go with the discharge hose and still have the machine be able to pump it out? Thanks, Jack
1
1

boat plumbing
ok, so i never let you guys know about my cruise,, first it was awesome,and im planning on vacations more often.. why the hell not.. unbelievable time,, second,, since people wanna go and screw around...

TOILET TANK LEAKING INTO BOWL - HELP
I can hear the toilet running at night (second floor) so after investigating it appears that with the water turned off and the toilet is flushed until all the water is out, and then the flap is...
1
1

what kind of estimation or management software suitable for middle-scale plumbing heating contractor.
Hi all: I am working for a middle-scale plumbing & heating contractor in Quebec. I am trying to ask my boss for a plumbing and heating estimation software in order to increase efficiency. He want to...

Question about water volume vs. pipe size and fitting size
In the winter time I would like to use my 1" lawn irrigation water source to flood a skating rink located about 200 feet from the house. If I ran a 1" hose out to the skating rink, but I had a smaller...
6
6

GM Vehicle Warning - True Sad Story (Long)
Lesson Learned : Check engine for coolant leak if you own a 1996-2003 GM vehicle with either a 3.1L or 3.4L V6 engine. Your engine may self-destruct without warning!!! I have a 1997 Venture with a...
1
1

Did we Americans miss the boat?
I was surprised to learn lately that PEX pipe has been used in Europe for indoor plumbing since the late 1970s. And it's my understanding that Europeans never made the costly mistake of taking the PB...
1
1

Power Showers
I installed a power shower a few years ago directly to the mains and it worked fine - around 7Kw and still a good force shower. After around 18months it reduced to around half its flow - useless I...

Shutdown main valve - how dangerous? PLEASE HELP!
Hi all, I have a tiny leak in one of thepipes inside the house, however the plumber that I usually work with was unable to come and fix it before next Monday (it's Wednesday today). so I intend to...
14
14

Noisy Radiators
Hi guys, The upstairs radiators in my house have been making noise for some time time. I was windering what could be causing it. It sounds like "wush-wush-wush-wush" mixed with "tap-tap-tap-tap". I...
2
2