Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Plumbing Prices
I would like to know what the typical cost would be for a plumber to replace the plumbing behind my washing machine. The work would involve cutting about a 12"x12" hole into the wall for access to the...
18
18

Ozcevik Furniture
Ozcevik Furniture Dear Sir/Madam, Firstly,I would like to thank you for the time devoted to read this letter. We are a domestic furniture manufacturer and exporter company based in Ankara-Turkey. We...

hot water heater recomendation.
Hi we are looking to replace our hot water heater and were wondering what kind we should get. It needs to be a 40 gallon short model (up to around 32"). I noticed that some specs say steel glass lined...
7
7

American Standards "streamlined flush tower"
Hello! We've just moved into our new home and the toilets are American Standards with the "streamlined flush tower" date stamp on the tank is May, 2004, and the tower has already failed. Upon lifting...
4
4

Cloversoft PricePoint vs. WinTac
Has anybody had any experience with either of these software packages? I'm looking at PricePoint right now, cuz it seems to have everything Wintac does. Is there another similar software app that you...
1
1

water tank noise
I just found this group. Most likely an old subject, but with a twist. Are gas water heater is starting to make a strange noise. It is not the common popping sound. It is like a 1/2 second drum roll...
9
9

placement of domestic expansion tank.
I always put my domestic expansion tank on the cold inlet to my boilermate with a check valve behind it. I see a lot of guys just placeing a tee in the domestic cold in any old location with the tank...

central heating turn on
Hi all, When I turn on all the radiators after the winter layoff, is there a correct proceedure or order in which the radiators should be turned on and bled?

Plumbers Putty on Granite Sink
I recently bought a Pegasus granite sink from Home Depot. I also bought the matching drain made by Watts. The instructions for the drain (which is part plastic) states "DO NOT use an oil base putty -...
2
2

How do you make BBQ burner last Longer?
Mine only last 2 year at best. What about putting a think steel or aluminium plate on top of the burner to protect from the drippings. It would be a hair smaller shape then the burner, in order not to...
14
14

Install New Gas Oven and Gas Line
A friend is getting a new gas oven for his kitchen and taking out the old electric oven. There is natural gas in the house for the water heater and hot water baseboard heating system. He was...
1
1

I'm back
Hey, I just returned from Istanbul. Did I miss anything??
5
5

Why is the cold water always on the right side
I am thinking about changing my faucets. I think it would be easier for the average left hand person to have the cold on the left side. Is there a reason why I can't do this. I read on another board...
11
11

Problem with old clay soil pipe
Has anyone had the problem of connecting a modern 110 mm toilet pan outlet to a clay (1960's) soil pipe which seems to be about 7 inches diameter? Is there an adapter available ?(so far the plumbing...
3
3

Want to make a shaft stimulator out of PVC or Galvie
Hey righteous brothers in plumbing world I would like to manufacture a series of shaft strokin stimulators for JO. I can scrap some decent lengths of 1 1/2" pvc and I got plenty of galvie 1 1/2". I...