Sweating 1/2" Stubout In Brass Hanger

I had to reroute a stubout through a wall as it did not correspond to a new cabinet on the other side! I hung it in the wall through a brass hanger screwed to a strap. I did not sweat the pipe to the hanger. I noticed some minor movement through the hanger. probably no big deal. I tried to tack some solder in the joint without flux, no luck! So I just swiped some flux around the perimeter of that joint and got a small amount of solder in there, or at least melted around there, with a glob hanging from the pipe! It is holding. Is that sufficient? I don't want to have to go to the trouble of taking the assembly apart just to sweat the pipe inside of the hanger.

Reply to
Michael Roback

I would just epoxy the thing together. Make sure the surhaces are clean of flux etc. and use a litle JB Weld.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

My advise... Sooner it's fixed properly, sooner it can be forgotten about.

Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn Marenger

"Michael Roback"

What the hell are you talking about? It's a "pipe hanger," not a "pipe sweat joint holder together thingy." The pipe just hangs on it.

I noticed a couple of responses from "DIYer" groups. It just reinforces their reputation for being fountains of unfounded opinions. I even saw that a woman offered advice! It's time to wake up pal.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

you are a total dipshit, must be a troll

Reply to
Ned Flanders

"Ned Flanders"

Well, yeah, but at least I'm not one of those "DIYers."

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Reply to
Ned Flanders