Question regarding mating clay sewer pipe with PVC

I've seen some threads re: this problem, but I have what I think is a unique problem. I have a section of clay pipe cemented into the foundation that heads out from my cottage crawlspace to the septic tank. I'm replacing everything else under the cottage with PVC. As a result, I'd like to mate the new pvc stack with the clay outlet. Sounds simple, go to fernco, right?

The problem is that the clay section has a hub end, making it larger in diameter than its nominal width. If I cut the clay hub off, I'm too close to the foundation to successfully join the clay section with the pvc.

Would a 5" fernco fit on a 4" hub, or do they make these connectors for hub ends? Thanks for the help people, I'm in a bind.

Tennjed.

Reply to
TennJed

"TennJed"

There's an adapter to go from inside the hub to PVC.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Hey Thanks Mike,

Do you have a manufacturer or any leads on where in Boston area I could pick one up?

Tennjed

Reply to
TennJed

"TennJed"

They're common. Even Lowes or Home Depot might have them. Call the local supply store and ask them if they carry 4" Clay hub to 4" PVC adapters.

Reply to
Mike Grooms