Pressure reducer causing pipes to vibrate

I had a plumbing company install a pressure reducer on my house and when they turned the water on it started causing bad water hammer. The whole meter was shaking back and forth and causing the pipes to band inside. The company is telling me that the problem is in my house somewhere. I had to adjust the pressure to right at 85 psi to get the banging to stop. Is there anything I can do or could tis be design flaw with this reducer? It is a platic unit that is light brown w/ a red screw top to adjust the pressure. Also what pressure do I need to be worried about causing damage to the house?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.....

Sparky

Reply to
Sparky

gmconnor

Check to make sure the arrow on the valve is pointing in direction of flow.

MM

snipped-for-privacy@xtra.co.nz wrote:

Reply to
Mark M.