Toilet Troubleshooting: Swirling Water in the Bowl. Solutions beyond the plunger (2023 Update)

The last couple of days, when I press the flush button in the toilet, all the water swirls around the bowl, rises a little, and leaves. Of course, at first, I worked with a plunger, then I just took everything apart. There are no things inside the toilet that would interfere with the passage of water, the corrugation is all clean and goes to the riser pipe. That is, there is definitely no blockage in my apartment. I even bought a plumbing cable and checked it in case. Everything is clear. I took a 6-liter bucket. I took some water into it and poured it into the toilet - the water leaves, it doesn't even rise. That is, wash it off with a bucket - everything is fine. What can be wrong? I still had the idea to replace the entire mechanism, which is carried out by flushing, but my friends are convincing that this is not the case. I even tried to fill the whole tank and not press the flush button, but pull out the whole mechanism abruptly in order to let the water flow, but there is no difference, it starts to spin. Is it a reason to buy a new toilet? I have been already reading some reviews.

Reply to
Terry Deborah

Hmm. Maybe the water pressure in pipes has increased? Ask your plumber and water supplier, have they recently changed smth in the system?

I guess your toilet is ok, it seems that the problem can be somewhere before it (in pipes/supply system). Do you have this problem till now?

If you are still want to change your toilet, I can recommend you low flow toilet (#5 in this review:

). I have such one and it`s good in saving both water & money.

Reply to
Andy Zagger

Based on your description, it sounds like the issue may be with the flush valve or flush mechanism in your toilet. The flush valve controls the flow of water from the tank into the bowl, and if it is not functioning properly, the water may not be able to properly flush the bowl.

One possible solution is to replace the flush valve. Many toilet manufacturers make universal flush valves that can fit a variety of toilet models. Some popular brands include Fluidmaster, Kohler, and American Standard. It's important to check the compatibility with your toilet model before purchasing a new flush valve.

Another option could be to replace the entire flush mechanism, which includes the flush valve and other parts that control the flush. This is a more complex repair and may require the help of a plumber.

It's also important to consider the age of your toilet, and whether it's worth investing in repairs or if it would be more cost-effective to replace the entire unit. It's a good idea to consult with a plumber for a more accurate assessment of the issue and recommendations for a solution.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor