Kohler Bath Drain Popup Stuck Closed HELP

The drain popup in the tub in our house is stuck in the closed position with water in the tub. I cannot get it to budge. It doesn't look like the mechanism is broken as there is tension. Any ideas how I can get this open. It is a relatively new 6 mos assembly that is fairly modern in nature with a large curved handle that pulls up or pushes down to open and close. Any help would be immensly appreciated.

Reply to
Michael Roback

This may sound a little silly but try using a wet/dry shop vac. Put the hose right down tightly on top of the popup, turn it on and see if it sucks it out.

Good luck.

Reply to
CES