"Charlick" plastic water pipe

Dear All
I was digging up some pavers around my house and managed to rupture one of my water pipes. Problem is that it seems to be something non-standard (in Australia anyway) and I'm having trouble finding out what bits I can use to fix it.
The pipe is black plastic, like polypipe except thicker and stiffer. It has 'Charlick HI-POL 3/4" B class" written on it (although that might be R class, it's hard to tell). It's being used for mains pressure, but I have no idea if it's actually rated for mains. It appears to have lasted ok for 15 years or so, so I guess it must be. The previous owner has no idea about it (or at least, that's his story...)
Has anyone seen this stuff before, maybe know what it is or some more info about it?
Cheers Richard
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.