8mm Microbore - Zoning

I have an 8mm microbore central heating system - fully pumped. I want to add a time switch controlled zone valve to control one radiator in a room which is only used at certain times of the day. The only zone valves I can find are 22mm. Do I really have to use a 22mm to 8mm reducing arrangement, or is there an alternative, such as an 8mm valve somewhere out there, or using something other than a motorized heating valve? Solenoid valve perhaps?

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards,

JMcG

Reply to
JMcG

You can get TRVs which can be electrically controlled. They aren't particularly easy to find, though. There are two types. Firstly, you get actual thermostatic valves, with a heating element wrapped around. Secondly, you get motorised versions. The motorised ones are more reliable, but more expensive. Some types can be run with a modulating signal to allow analogue control of flow. Sorry, I can't remember the make.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle