rain

ok, i am SO over this rain thing. three inches yesterday (DC area).

what do you folks who grow outside do when it rains/drizzles 24/7 for ten days? do you bring any of them in, or just spray down with physan?

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

Ooh, personal mold! Drench thyself with Physan immediately!! Alternatively, buy many fans. The whirring kind, not the cheering type.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

yep, 3-speed oscillator on the 'chids 22/7.

it finally stopped raining. many gorgeous hours over the weekend. more on tues. -sigh-

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

All that was brown around here (and lots of things were!) is now green. Florida is really quite an amazing place.

We have had a couple of dry days, so tomorrow we'll fertilize. It is supposed to rain again on the weekend. If it does, I'll do a hit of fungicide on Monday, just to be on the safe side.

The Vandas, which get their water every day in any event, are ecstatic. They've been blooming like fools for months, and now they are sending out multiples.

Ah, orchids. The downfall of many an otherwise intelligent individual.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

You guys are enjoying spring, still in the 50's in Chicago (by the lake). This is an odd spring in the midwest. Klehm family didn't even make my farmers market. Scared off by 50 degrees and rain. Why would that stop anyone from buying orchids :-).

Reply to
eeyore