Phals at Lowe's

I went to Lowe's today to buy a shade cloth for my greenhouse and low and behold....... phals maked down to $4.88. I took two. :^)

Reply to
Manelli Family

Our local HD discounts their out of bloom 'chids. Sometimes you can find a nice deal. Not too long back we picked up a Phal. amabilis for $6.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

Our local home depot is so incompetent with plants that they can manage to kill rosemary and thyme. If you don't look through their orhids the same day they are delivered, you're likely to find a pot of slime or a crispy critter.

I actually managed to quench the orchid purchases while waiting for my wife's house to sell (Okay, we did intend to drop by a local grower on father's day, but he keeps very short hours on Sundays).

Reply to
?

This is a problem with their small bagged catts. If I don't get there within a week or two they're crispy critters. :-( They keep their orchids right where they get blasted with cool dry air when someone enters the greenhouse. They dry out and no one waters them.

We all need a 10 step program............

Reply to
Manelli Family

Well having the evil bitch kitten decide that the catts, vandas, tolumnia, isochillus, and oerstdella are damn tasty and not having a good means to seperate the kitten from the orchids put a severe damper on new purchases as well... For those of you considering adopting a stray kitten, I highly recommend deer netting to keep the feral eating machine away from the plants.

Reply to
?