Orchids of Mexico and Guatemala

I have posted an on-line version of the rare book Orchids of Mexico and Guatemala by James Bateman on my website. Bateman's books are well known for their wonderfully detailed botanical prints of orchids. There are forty species illustrated and described in the book.

The book was written in the mid 1800's and the original was limited to only 125 copies. A rare reprint was produced in 1973 but the cheapest one I could find was over $1000!

Here is a chance to peruse a rare book of great importantance to the orchid community.

I hope you enjoy the book.

John Denson, RLA

Reply to
cattleyasource

Wendy,

Thanks for looking at the site. The Orchids of Mexico and Guatemala was published over 150 years ago and the original text and images are now in the public domain. I put the book online for other orchid hobbyists to enjoy. Its my tribute to one of the great early works on orchids.

Reply to
cattleyasource