Orchid Gods wasRe: speaking of virus testing

I spoke with some other mentors and decided to try the dry pod technique to see if I can get clean plants out of my virused ones. One I'm just going to toss, I didn't like it anyway. The others I figure, 'what teh heck...'

I have a friend who tests everything with the agdia test strips. Again they only test for the 2 viruses and like we all know there's 457billion other viruses it could be. (yeah I'm overstating it, but let's face it. The minute you say you tested a plant people come out of the woodwork to tell you how stupid you were to believe the results and that you wasted your time and money becasue there are 457billion other viruses they don't test for which you could have a false +/- result for too. [sigh])

But I digress.

j_a, you've angered The Orchid Gods. They require that you buy another orchid. Its the only way to appease them. They require periodic 'wallet sacrifice'. 'I gave at the office' excuses don't apply. Neither does 'I have no space' (See Rob's Rules). You simply *have* to go buy another orchid. Do it quick before they decide you have to buy more than one.... I wound up at the Sacramento Orchid Show with 4 new orchids.....

I hope the gods are satisfied, but somehow I doubt it.

To quote The King (lyrics were changed for the general public, but I reprint them as originally intended)

Lord almighty, I feel my temperature rising. Higher higher. Its burning through to my soul.

Orchid, Orchids. You gonna set me on fire. My brain is flaming. I dont know which way to go.

These orchids lift me higher. Like the sweet song of a choir. You light my morning sky with burning love.

To quote The Bard ; 'Get thee to a nursery'

K Barrett (Yeah, I know. Its actually 'Hie thee to a nursery' but I translated it from English into English.)

Reply to
K Barrett

See? You broke a plant already.... so far the score is Orchid Gods 2, j_a

  1. But hey, people have ignored the gods before. Its what makes us human. Or as the Borg say 'hyoomanh'. Resistance really *is* futile. *G*

K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett