My Psychopsis problem

I just love these plants, but the feeling is not mutual. I've had a cross for about one month now, and during this time, the new 4 inch growth got mushy, a mature leaf got mushy and now another mature leaf is drying off at the base. What is my problem? I can only think that it's my watering. I water once a week. I thought the mushyness might be caused from getting water into the leaf base, but just don't know. I now have two blooming spikes and 2 leaves and five back rhisomes. I am so totally clueless.

Reply to
clareinolywa

where are you located, and what kind of medium is the plant in?

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

I live South west of Seattle. Since it is blooming it is in the kitchen temp 60-70 along with the blooming cyms and zygo. The medium is small bark with perlite which appears to me to be appropriate for the size of its roots.

Reply to
clareinolywa

It is not a myth that they can bloom themselves to death. One of mine did. It was a smallish plant, just a couple mature growths, and bloomed for almost 18 months on and off from one spike, then collapsed and died.

Reply to
tenman