Hard white spots on leaves

I noticed today that several of my phals have small, hard white bumps on the top of some leaves. Just a few. It's possible that they have been that way for a while. I only noticed it today because I decided to put my glasses on and check for new spikes. Without my glasses everything looks great!

The plants look fine and are either in flower or growing spikes.

Help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Jane

can you post a pciture over to abpo?

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

Sorry. Should have done this first.

Photos here:

Jane

hmm. do they come off? are they stuck on or part of the leaf? are they hard shell scale or just ookiness from hard water? also, are they stray potting bits that have gotten stuck on? i occaisionally am given a heart attack by a stray piece of sphag that has lodged somewhere and i think "eek! scale!" then i poke it and realize it's sphag.

have you tried wiping yours off? water first, then rubbing alcohol. see if it makes them run away. ;)

--j_a

Reply to
jankey