besseae

Hello group I need some help. At the Houston orchid show I bought Phrag. besseae 'Haven" X besseae 'smokin.' This was Saturday. I put it in my greenhouse, Sunday, and watered it. I look at it every day when I get home from work. It had a beautifuf orange flower, with buds below. Today when I looked at it the flower had fallen off. It does not look like something ate it or cut it off. Looks like it just dropped off. Any ideas, or suggestions on the culture? I have moved it in the house with my Phals. It looks as if it is growing in sandy , small rocks. I plan to repot saturday. Help if you can.

Wayne rohrer

Reply to
wayne rohrer

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:21:03 -0700, wayne rohrer wrote (in article <46006c67$0$31839$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.athenanews.com>):

Doesn't sound too ominous, Wayne. That's the way Phrags do; bloom for a few days and then the head falls off, and in serial bloomers, another will follow.

Tom Walnut Creek, CA Nikon D200

Reply to
tbell

it's actually kind of neat; when my phrag deigns to bloom, and the flowers fall off, that lets me poke into them and get a really close look that i don't want to try while the flowers are on the plant, for fear of damaging them. :) the insides of slipper orchids are very cool.

--j_a

Reply to
jankey