Subject Author Posted Replies

Reseating Tool
Has anyone here ever used one of these? I have a really corroded seat. Is there a limit to how much you can reseat before the washer doesn't connect?
8
8

downspout water
Look at the picture of the downspout. Seems to me that even in Minnesota, for almost a million dollars, the downspout should go underground and come out somewhere else. We had a pretty nice home where...
6
6

And now, ice dams on Mom's roof
Mom's house has ice dams. That's been every year, Dad used to be on a ladder every year. Well, it's my turn. I was on a ladder, today. Ice pick didn't do much. It does clear ice, but throws chips that...
63
63

Electric vs propane
I am so tired of it all. I love my propane central furnace and water heater . However, I lease my tank from Southern States and they come unannounced t o fill it up. I had it filled up in October, I...
108
108

OT: Used laptop to view Internet on TV
I have cancelled cable because too expensive and too few (about 10) channels out of about 500 that interest me. At first I tried an indoor antenna, but the stations it received were the pits. Then I...
38
38

Plug drain holes in wood planter
My oversize planter that I made in wood shop 1,000 years ago is ageing. I made too many drain holes initially, and would like to plug some of them, because the handyman who refinished my concrete...
8
8

Using snow blower in summer (2023 Update)
I'm just wondering if running a snow blower in the summer would harm the engine because of insufficient cooling? It seems to me that you have much the same kind of Tecumseh or Briggs & Stratton engine...
36
36

Ikea Cittra under a different name?
IKEA CITTRA-2 4 light self contained track lighting unit I have now been through about three of these and wonder if anyone knows whe ther they are available from a more reputable manufacturer under...
1
1

icemaker overflow
My ice maker is overflowing with water on floor
5
5

overhead door brand 556 garage door opener,1/2 amp board
While replacing helical and worm gears,I shorted out the board and parent company doesn't have it any 's a #556 Overhead Door brand.
3
3

Gasoline Storage: Zoning?
I'm thinking that there must be some legal limits on how much gasoline somebody is allowed to store in their garden shed. Safety comes to mind.... if there's a fire, the amount of combustibles would...
6
6

Spray insulation/ductwork?
I am wanting to convert my flex duct in my crawl space to metal duct. However, the duct at Lowes seems flimsy. I also am having in the summer condensation on my ductwork. I want to eliminate this. Can...
6
6

Why are headphone jacks for computers and handsets different diameters than cellphones?
It always seems I have the wrong diameter headphone jack when I need one. Since adapters exist, why do they make headphone jacks different diameters anyway? Is there a functional difference?
11
11

Squirrel trapped in attic
For the last month I have had squirrels living in my attic. I have just bought a trap for catching them alive. Are there any organizations that I can contact that will pick up these trapped squirrels?...
25
25

OT: Some kinda epoxy or sealant?
Hi, I was out at my cabin for the long week end and I noticed pin hole leak on the body of in take water shut-off ball valve from the well. I was surprised to see this (barely visible mist spraying...
8
8