Subject Author Posted Replies

I Need Ideas For A Mailbox Flag
Ok, time for some creative design work. I just installed this mailbox and now I need a flag for it. My mail carrier (who says she really likes the new mailbox) said that if I just put a clothes pin on...
16
16

Drunk Drives Cement Truck off 25 ft overpass
Drunk Drives Cement Truck off 25 ft overpass Anyone sober would have never survived. A cement truck flipped over a concrete shoulder along the exit ramp of a Queens highway and plunged about 25 feet...
12
12

OT - van door latch
The drivers door on my 1995 Chevrolet van has been trouble, since I got it. The keyhole turns, but the latch on the edge of the door is miserable sluggish. I've tried WD, Silicone, white lithium, atf,...
9
9

OT: If I were the Devil - Paul Harvey
Some things stand the test of time and from 47 years ago, this is dead on. This domain may be for sale!
3
3

We are the Champions of the World
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago). We are the champions - of the World.
18
18

House wrap around existing doors and windows?
There are many online videos and diagrams on how to install house wrap around window or door openings of a new building. I can't seem to find any on how to install around existing doors and windows....
2
2

NEED HELP with sink threads and connectors
i am making a camping sink that will run off a garden hose, this sink fauce t (Amico Bathroom Single Hole High Heel Chrome Finish Basin Faucet) is what i have purchased for this project. its...
1
1

hot water radiators
My radiators make a squealing noise when the heat comes on. It just started a few days ago. They heat up as normal but the noise is new. What could be the problem?
3
3

OT: Sirius Radio
You can get a discount from Sirius if you just wait them out. My new car came with a six-month free trial of the Sirius radio system. Nea r the end of that period, they mailed me information about...
10
10

Homeowner Insurance Question Does anyone have any experience with Metlife? Good or bad? Do they pay well with little hassle?
I'm currently insured with Safeco and my rates went up over $575 a year, so I'm shopping it around. I've got a quote from MetLife on my home and cars and i really like the price. Does anyone have any...
17
17

Salt vs. NaCl
I went to the vacation rentals to check on things, and our managers were using a different type of salt than we normally use. We have been using regular coarse sea salt for years. They were using salt...
11
11

Decomposed granite path - powered compactor or hand tamper?
I'm installing a stabilized (mixed-in) DG path, and need to compact it. I'm sure that a powered compactor is going to be easier and better, to a degre e. My question is: to what degree? I can rent a...
2
2

Nearly Half Of US Water Taps May Contain Bacteria That Causes LegionnairesÂ’ Disease
So half the reason for your collective sickness - is in the water? ============================= Nearly Half Of Water Taps May Contain Bacteria That Causes Legionnaires? Disease February 21, 2014...

Electric Doorknob Installation
I'd like to install an electric doorknob. Is this a difficult job?
16
16

Propane too Expensive for Generator
I have a generator outdoors, that will turn on if the power goes off. But the generator needs propage to operate. The cost of propane is very high right now, and they require as minimum of 200...
13
13