Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Just can't win - with neighbors or the lovely wife...
On the 4th, an otherwise good neighbor several doors down started shooting off these huge starburst types landing all over the neighborhood, and in particular in my back yard and roof. I've never...
8
8

How long does it take a truck to stop & is it criminal if he doesn't?
What distance does a sand truck take to slow down on a 6% grade? If it can't stop in that distance, is it criminal? This accident yesterday blocked the highway for 10 hours, with the CHP saying it was...
126
126

Wiring ?
My house is over 100 years old and the cold air returns are simply sheet metal nailed between two joists. I know that when running romex though holes bored in the joists according to the National...
36
36

Under-lighted countertop
Here is a Corian kitchen counter that is lighted from underneath: I had not seen this before. Don. (e-mail link at home page bottom). List of web sites put up by Don Wiss. Historical info. Recipes....

scotts mini broadcast spreader
just bought a Scotts mini broadcast spreader,i have always used a drop fertilizer spreader ,This one has a edge guard ,instructions says to spread 5 feet apart,but when you use edge guard do you...

Pump top sprayer
I've not been able to find a sprayer that is both good and cheap, probably never will. I love these used to be orange and black. Good water flow, and rinses dust out of condensors. But, the wants...
3
3

Washing machine not working
Washing machine fills with water but does not spin nor drain water. The cycle dial selector works (hear humming and see it turn through wash/rinse cycles) - dial stops when lid is lifted, resumes when...
33
33

Fixing wood fence posts, 2 questions
Fixing wood fence posts, 2 questions I have a wood picket fence, 44" high, with about 35 fence posts, round, 4" in diameter iirc. I have two problems. 1) One is loose. It feels like it has broken off...
6
6

squeegee pole
I have seen on construction sites a metal squeegee on a pole. They are just a flat hoe shaped blade. I googled "squeegee pole" images and didn't see one. What else can these be called?
2
2

OT: stupid joke
Hi All, This might cause brain damage, so if you hurt yourself, don't say I didn't warn you. Also, if you don't think it is funny, remember how much you paid to read it. -T Question: What do you get...
5
5

When is the best time to trim bushes?
is it better to trim them when flowering? or in the winter? or summer?
14
14

Fix it yourself kinda guy.
I have 3 harber breeze ceiling fan/light units. I had to change the light switch on one as the person using it pulled on the chain too hard and broke the switch. I also had another one that the lights...
5
5

Reluctant fan
Yesterday, in this hot weather, my box fan (old, I admit) began starting very very slowly in all three speeds. If I switch speeds back and forth it seems to finally get up to speed. I suspect it will...
28
28

leaking bathroom sink faucet
I have changed the washer several times, but it still leaks, and not just a drip now and then. Is there a seat that can be replaced? How do I tell? I don't even know what brand this is.
2
2

Sealing Old Aluminum Sliding Windows
Double pain replacements are my first choice, but with so many other fix-up jobs to do this summer, it would kill the budget to replace all of them. So we'll replace the 3 on the rainy/windy side of...
5
5