Subject Author Posted Replies

stuck washer spigot
I just bought new washer. Delivery man couldn't get hoses off. I have read on here to use liquid wrench etc. I want to know how to apply it. My husband is out of state and I am trying to help myself...
14
14

How to warm the basement by improving air-flow
Here's the mechanical code. Check out page 99: My interpretation of what's there is that what the youtube guy did is OK. I only see two things that would possibly apply. First, it says you can't put a...
4
4

Weird brown stuff seeping through my clapboards
Wood will impart a brown color to water, some woods more than others. How much is there and what wood are the clapboards?
12
12

Nice design
AutoZone has both read the code and reset it for me. Further, on our 2002 Chrysler, there is a "key dance" technique that will display the fault codes in the odometer window -- and pulling one of the...
17
17

Porter Cable Combo Kit
I just got back from Lowes, I just bought a PORTER-CABLE 4-Tool 20-Volt Max Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Cordless Combo Kit and I saved $ 50, I cant wait to try it out.. That makes it 5 tools I own, the kit...
3
3

Pipe sweating - Metal VS Plastic
I've seen how badly steel and copper pipes sweat in hot and humid weather, but I have not seem enough PEX to know how badly it sweats. Does anyone know if PEX or CPVC (and other plastics) will sweat...
7
7

What does the insurance company do?
What does the insurance company do? What does the home insurance company do if someone falls on the ice and makes a claim which the insurance has to pay, and they decide it was the homeowner's fault?...
8
8

Gas Water Heater (WH) Pilot
I live in an area where we get high winds. The slope of my roof, combined with the wind will often extinguish the WH pilot light. Is there anthing I can install, ala some vent block, that will keep...
4
4

Holmes on Homes?
Has anybody come across that Holmes on Homes show? It's a contractor (I think he's in Toronto) who takes on homes with botched construction / repair / redo jobs. I always thought, in general, that...
4
4

Is it asbestos?
The main heat pipe going through the basement from the boiler is enclosed in a wood channel, but I can see that the pipe is wrapped in what looks like white corrogated cardboard around an inch thick....
27
27

Faucet ID
Trying to help a friend on-line she said a guest broke the handle off her shower this is the only photo I have and can't quite make out the brand name if anyone knows please let me know I am trying to...
5
5

Vented Gas Heater
My house has two heat pumps. They work well most of time time, but when the temperature drops below 32, they're not so good. I have a wall-mounted propane heater on the wall in my bedroom. We never...

Kitchen Sink Water Heater
The current water heater thread is very helpful and educational. When we turn on the hot water in the kitchen, it takes a LONG time for the hot water to get to the faucet. The water heater is on the...
19
19

Gerber Toilet Thread Update - Toilet Would Not Stop Running
Well, after I got one of the plumbing partners back here two weeks ago, he never made one slight adjustment to it. He simply told me he hated Kohler toilets (I have never had a problem with them) and...
6
6

what will happen at the water meter when air is trapped after the city repaired
What will happen at the water meter reading when the air trapped during the city repairing a water main break? The municipal water line broke near my house, after the repairs where made and the water...
11
11