Subject Author Posted Replies

Emerson Moistair Humidifier
I have a Emerson Moistair Humidifier that is showing a problem that I can't fix. Seems the indicator panel that shows (1) the %humidification wanted, (2) fan speed, etc started flashing 'CF'...
10
10

Can't pop the top of Maytag clothes dryer
I have a Maytag model DG4000 clothes dryer I need to service. I haven't found a manual for this precise model, but it appears to be one in which access is via a pop-up top, with a pair of latches in...
4
4

Connecting TWO Antennas to a TV?
I live in the country, and we dont have cable tv. Satellite is far too costly for the person who only watches a a few hours of tv per month. (Which is me). Anyhow, I installed a small compact antenna...
16
16

Newsgroup not loading
Anyone using Eternal September not receiving new downloaded messages in Then again, if it's the only service you're using you wont see this question. I can download every other newsgroup category...
7
7

[SOLVED] Chainsaw rope very hard to pull
I picked up a Stihl "Farm Boss" chainsaw at a garage sale, for a real good price. It's old but real clean and came with an extra *new* chain and a case, and more. The new chain is worth what I paid...
69
69

I need to get 500A Service to power this lightbulb.
Oren formulated the question : We had pilot controlled runway lights at Vung Tau (remeber that) in 1964. They did not always work :-?
21
21

Thermostat won't keep temp.
My first thing to check is the circulating pump for B. It may be either not working, a restriction in the line, or too small a size. A quick test is to feel the lines. Since A is getting heated...
26
26

Side-by-Side Double-Hung windows
Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. It seems like we could do it either way, but several people suggested that option "1" may be better for aesthetic reasons, ease of installation, etc....
6
6

What's the biggest Wattage LED Bulb made to date?
What's the biggest Wattage LED Bulb made to date? In some of the big box stores that have a large supply of LED bulbs, the biggest (Equivalant) wattage I can find is somewhere between 60 and 75 watts,...
6
6

OT USA history
Oklahoma from one of our lefty newspapers.
3
3

Why can't I find a polarized replacement plug.
Looking for a replacement plug for our vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner has a rubber coated round cord with insulation and a black (hot) and white (neutral) wire inside the cord. So it needs an...
67
67

Remove Old Kitchen Cabinet Shelf without Destroying
Trying to remove old kitchen cabinet shelf with phillips head screw "locks" without destroying shelf and without removing entire cabinet assembly. Shelf "locks" (pictured x2) are at top and bottom of...
6
6

ceiling tiles that collapse
Had a roof leak at church. Little bit of water worked through, probably under an ice dam. The two foot by two foot ceiling tile collapsed, and went on the floor in a scatter of white fiber material....
3
3

Anyone have a trick for getting Husqvarna chainsaw brake kickback spring back on?
On later models, the nylon prong morphed into a metal equivalent: My guess(tm) is that this would not happen unless there was a problem. I was wondering why some of the videos showed little effort...
44
44

3/8" Flex Cable Clamps
Maybe not the right size? I think you have to look at the listing tho. Some may be listed for whips and others only when the cable is supported within a foot of the box. In that case, the clamp is not...
11
11