Subject Author Posted Replies

Doorbell Oddity
A building has several apartments. Each one has a doorbell, and 4 wires coming to the doorbell. One set is (I assume) for the downstairs main door and the second one is for the door of the apartment....
4
4

Sink drainage question????
My girlfriend bought a below the counter Kohler sink - I believe they call them a vessel sink, which has no overflow on it. The issue is slow drainage associated with it. It does have venting, proper...
3
3

Exterior Insulation Retrofit Questions
I need to do an insulation retrofit on my house. I'm a little uncertain about what I'm doing; I thought I would run my ideas past this group. So: the lower floor of my house is partially below-grade....
2
2

Renovations question
Our family is in the process of buying our first house and wanted to ask a few questions about doing renovations. This is the first time we've owned a house, so we know nothing about renovations - who...
13
13

Rockwell saw
What's a used Rockwell table saw with base, fence, and blade guard worth? About ten inch blade. Steve
6
6

What's a good walk behind mower?
I have about 1/2 acre, but the house takes up a decent portion of the land. I will be looking for a decent walk behind mower next year....not a rider. I've had John Deere 22" cut, a Honda 21" (which I...
55
55

Door Weatherstripping Force5
Hi All - it's that time. I'm looking for weather-stripping that's identical to one that came with my patio french doors. It's brown plastic and flexible. Has Force5 molded in it. Would like to use on...
1
1

Electric Fence
Not for keeping animals IN but for keeping neighbors OUT. I'd like to put enough voltage on the fence to pain so much pain you'd scream and possibly loose you bowl/bladder controls but NOT enough...
25
25

Finding studs
I've struggled with this for the last forty years. I want to hang something on a drywall wall, and I want to use the studs instead of drywall anchors. I have the damndest time finding the studs...
36
36

how to prune a branch without killing it?
I've been reading up on pruning a bit. I've learned that you can prune off a, I'll call it a "side branch", right close to where it branches off from it's "parent" branch, just as long as you do it...
1
1

Postable Digital TV's?
I have a portable analog TV which will be a door stop in 2009. Does any place sell the new digital tv's in a portable form? You know, one that runs on batteries in case your electricity goes out.
47
47

Metal fence posts: Critique
My home backs up against a 200'-wide high-voltage power line easement. After Ike, looking across this field, I can see maybe thirty fences knocked down by the high winds. Every one of these downed...
18
18

Liquid Electrical Tape
Has anyone tried this stuff? have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs) and I really prefer soldered splices. One of them gets buried, the other is in the weather. I will...
5
5

Bosch dumping 36 volt hammer drill
Amazon and eBay are offering the Bosch 18636-02 hammer drill for $200 or less, while some stores list it for over $500. I ordered one shipped for $180 (US). That kit with the "-02" suffix includes two...
5
5

Installing new vacuum breaker on a hose bib
Two days ago I didn't know what they were and had never seen one before (thanks to folks here for enlightening me). So today I installed my first vacuum breaker (aka anti-siphon device) on a...
5
5