Subject Author Posted Replies

5 HP Briggs
I have a old 5hp model 130000 B/S engine on my snowblower. Can not start the engine unless I prime it with gas through the spark plug hole. Took off carb and cleaned it also replaced all gaskets....
14
14

Gas vs. oil? ? ?
Like many others, opr six-unit coop building is about to convert our oil-burning furnace (boiler) from oil to gas. I would welcome the experience of others who have made this conversion, especially in...
9
9

Water pressure regulator
I was told recently I should have a water pressure regulator installed as my pressure is too high. We live in a two story house and some of the faucets on the second story seem to have low pressure...
6
6

wrapped fiberglass insulation
It seems to me a couple years ago I saw fiberglass batt insulation for sale where the batts (or maybe it was rolls) were completely wrapped in plastic, to cut down on the fibers getting everywhere. I...
4
4

underbed storage and lift support
I am wanting to build something akin to the underbed storage one would see in an RV. Mattress on a flat board, with a handle of the foot of the bed to lift the platform hinged up at the head of the...
7
7

Kenmore Electric Range - Oven & Burners Not Working - Repair Guide
This past weekend the oven heating element and stove top burners on our Kenmore electric range stopped working. I did some quick online research and learned that the problem was most likely due to a...
7
7

Only Morons Need Apply
Bought an old house, need to get blueprints so I can find out where all the water pipes are (slab on grade). Call county building department (sacramento, ca), number on counties own web site...
8
8

Help diagnosing problems with refrigerator
Hello All, I have a Kenmore refrigerator (596.50392001) It's approximately 10 years old. When the problem starts the water dispenser stops working. This also stops the ice cube maker. It doesn't stop...
6
6

Long crack in basement concrete floor
I have a wall-to-wall crack in my basement concrete floor. The crack is fairly uniform in width, about 1/8" or less, and travels in a somewhat random path. I've already cleaned the crack and...
5
5

Baseboards
I want to install baseboards in a room that is a garage conversion. Since the bottom of the wall is cement blocks I cannot nail them in place. The bottom of the drywall is glued to the blocks. It was...
9
9

Who to hire to change a lightbulb
The lightbulb died in my bedroom. I called my home consultant as well as my insurance agent. I was told this is not covered by insurance and the consultant told me that I need an electrician. I looked...
14
14

Rug Qustion
I was considering replacing my decrepit rugs with hardwood flooring, but now I am considering rugs instead. I don't like the way my present rugs have always retained terrible-looking pock marks from...
6
6

Heat pump filters
What do you consider the best of 1. Cheap filters 2. Filtrete type waffle filters 3. Cleanable filters I tend to go with the Filtrete types, but now at around $5 per, I wonder. The cheapos are just...
4
4

Leaking Water Heater Valve
Hello all... I have an on-demand gas fired water heater. It is an Aquastar, model # AQ 125-B. Recently, it has been leaking through what I believe to be a drain valve. When I run the hot water, the...
5
5

Remote Control Check
Wow. I'm impressed. I just learned that you can check your remote controls IR output using a digital camera. You just point your remote control at the digital camera such as a standard webcam or a...
23
23