LED Xmas Lights: Brightness Question

I recently purchased some LED "C-9"s for use outside. Every year I try this, and every year they are returned. Is there any type or brand that come close to the brightness of a standard incandescent C-9?? These clear LED's I just purchased are an off brand and some even have a yellowish cast. Thanks for help! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

You can get commercial grade LED C9 lamps from Action Lighting, but even those are not quite as bright as incandescent. LEDs have made great strides, but they are not quite there yet. The yellowish cast is not surprising, white LEDs consist of a blue LED chip coated with a yellow-orange emitting phosphor to give you something resembling white. The cheaper ones generally have poorer uniformity.

Reply to
James Sweet

Personally I would look for the less bright lights. I like the softer, less gaudy look.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

I have some around my yard. They don't light up the area nearly as much as the (C9) incandescents, but they show up well enough at night.

The small LEDs seem brighter on a tree, inside a lighted room.

All of mine (white LEDs) look bluish. I got mine at Wal-Mart.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

About 15 years ago, everyone in this neighborhood put C9 incandescent lights around here. They were much too bright, as well as boring (considering lack of color).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Thank you. Will check the Action website.

Reply to
frank1492