Subject Author Posted Replies

sorta OT: why don't stores get a clue?
am I the only person in the world who likes to buy a consumer good ONCE and expect it to last until I am sick of it? Today I'm specifically referring to bathroom fixtures. SWMBO thinks I'm a...
19
19

Are name-brand low-energy fluorescent "Green" bulbs any brighter than store brand?
Just got a 4-pack of the Walmart "Great Value" version of these energy- saver style fluorescent 23w bulbs which they claim are equivalent to a 100w incandescent bulb. Not even close. It's about...
64
64

cell phone reception in a new house
This may not be the right newsgroup so forgive me. I have a house that is about 3 years old. I know there is foil lined walls and roof (inside). As a result the cell phone reception in this house is...
32
32

Run ice maker line in the cold air return in slab?
I need to run an ice maker line around 50 feet from the softener and RO system. I'm on a slab so that presents a problem running the line underneath. It gets -20F about once a year here so running...
4
4

Ideas, Raised garden
on 11/28/2008 6:53 PM cshenk said the following: Poured concrete? Where are you, and how are the winters there?
12
12

grout sealer remover
I bought the following Grout and Tile Sealer to seal the grout lines on the tiles. Unfortunately, my brush is too thick and I also put the tile sealer on the tiles and I couldn't remove it now....
4
4

Need a different Faceplate!
I am including a picture... Basically I sawed the space for the timer on the far right. Now I'm bring told to put another timer on the switch second to the far right. Is there a plate that has the...
13
13

Please help
Re: Please to help From: Minister of Treasury Subject: Please to help To: John Q. Public Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 Dear American: I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business...
3
3

Got a HF Multifunction Tool
This Harbor Freight clone of a Fein MultiMaster tool is on special this Black Friday for $39.99. I was there when the doors opened and had to jostle my way through the throng of maybe eight people...
11
11

does anyone make a toilet seat with solid stainless fittings?
subject line says all... replaced toilet seat last year. SWMBO does not like plastic hinges as they do tend to look grungy after only short use. So we found a simple white painted wood seat with...
18
18

Switch polarity question (electrical)
Up in the attic. Have to bring hot wire to junction box with three legs going out. Each leg goes to ceiling light of different rooms. YES, I can power them up and the wall switch in each room turns on...
21
21

caulk ,grout,or mortar
I bought some vinal skirting that looks like cut stone. I want to fill the spaces between the rocks with something that looks like real mortar to make it look more real. any suggestions? can you mix...
3
3

Battery for back-up sump pump
The calendar says it has been three years since I had the back-up pump installed and thus, according to the instruction manual the battery should be replaced. Is this automatic or can I do some test...
5
5

Antenna for weak AM station
There is a station near me, AM 1240. It's fairly weak, I'd love to be able to get it inside my trailer. Out in both vehicles it comes in OK. Talk radio, and some hosts I enjoy. Been wondering...
10
10

receptacle wattage vs. sockets load. Lights on, please :)
Hi... I'm Ehrin I have a light bulb issue. Originally, the ceiling receptacle in my daughter=92s room was rigged for a ceiling fan with an independent light, both on separate pull-strings. The...
15
15