Subject Author Posted Replies

Need help locating a gearmotor
I need a small, low-power gearmotor (not one of those heavy big honking ones used to drive winches and such). Preferably low voltage (say 24 volts or so, preferably AC, but DC would work as well)....
8
8

Snowthrower recommendations
I'm looking for a snowthrower recommendation. We're in the Chicago area so we get dumped on now and then but the driveway isn't very long and we have used a Toro single-stage (the old kind...
17
17

tx sprinkler system
A small segment on the news the other night indicated that sprinkler systems in the state of Texas may increase dramatically after Jan 1, primarily because of new state regulations. Or is it Federal...
13
13

introduction to armed concrete fake rock project
Water features, landscaping, etc. Boulders are expensive too purchase, but faux rocks are easy to make. The ones I've seen constructed were made with 3/8" galvanized mesh. Shaped to size... Once you...
3
3

Hot Water Heat Issue
I recently added an addition to my house and added an additional hot water heat zone. This zone consists of the extra space added during the remodel and previous room space from another zone. I know...
2
2

Difference in interior or exterior Christmas lights?
How can I tell the difference between interior or exterior Christmas lights? What are the consequences of using the interior outdoors. My intentions are to put it on a tree outside. Frankly...
20
20

Why did my fireplace door glass shatter
I have a 15 year-old glass SEARS fireplace door, made up of four door sections, each section is about 8" wide by 20" high, with a metal frame around each door. Two doors on each side with a piano type...
24
24

Smelly water in underground spring-fed spring box, cistern
We get our water from an underground spring-fed spring box, cistern; it is about 15 feet deep. The water has lately developed a foul odor. We have checked the box for foreign objects (eg: decomposing...
1
1

Best way to add an outlet to a yard lamp?
We have a yard lamp on a post in the front yard. The wife likes (me) to put a string in lights around the pole every Christmas. Several years ago, just as a quick and dirty solution, I cut the male...
10
10

upgrade humidifier contols?
My house has an old Aprilaire 760 humidifier which seems to work well. It still has the original manual control however. Is there any advantage to adding one of the new automatic controls or is that...
7
7

Sprinkler Value Box
If I wanted to build my own sprinkler value box since it's an odd size, what materials should I use to construct it? Any thoughts? Any websites that would help me?
4
4

Christmas lights
I have a strand(severeal really) of those outside icicle Christmas lights, and the plug in has 2 3 amp fuses in them. I have replaced both fuses, and still doesn't work. Is there a real harm in...
19
19

OT- Shelby Cobra GT Anyone? Mere 62K
:-) http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/cto/946793565.html
8
8

The Smartbolt
Has an indicator in the head to tell you when you've tightened it enough. I prefer to tighten bolts until I can feel the head beginning to shear off. this the end of the torque wrench?
2
2

replacing glass in a single hung window
Hi all. I've been trying to find some instructions online about how to remove a frame from a single hung window and replace the glass in it, but there is pretty much just one set out there and...
6
6