Subject Author Posted Replies

shower stall strainer leaking
My shower stall was leaking. I purchased a new strainer, cut a hole in the ceiling, removed the old strainer and installed the new one. Well, it still leaks. After some detective works, I found that...
4
4

Leak in my basement
I've got a leak in my basement coming from under the drywall. Behind the drywall is a poured concrete wall. In the 4 years I've lived here I have never had any problems like this. The house...
10
10

garage door lift cable loosens as door reaches fully open height
One of my garage door tension springs broke and I replaced both springs with a set that had previously been used in a friend's garage for only 5 years. We installed, them, wound them so that the...
8
8

Matching surface texture of sanded grout
I need to repair some tiles in our bathroom. I did a reasonable job of matching the color using Mapei Ultracolor sanded grout. However, the surface texture of the old (sanded) grout is more like 60...
2
2

Oldest running House AC unit
I've got a house in Phoenix with the original Goetle AC package unit on the roof, 3 ton. The house was built in 1971 so the unit is 38 years old. The condenser fan was replaced 4 times and an...
18
18

Conduit
Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires...
2
2

Plexiglas
I need to buy a 3' sq piece of 1/4" Plexiglas. I tried HD but wasn't able to find it. Any ideas? TIA Chuck B.
32
32

Condensation
I have been finding water on the floor in my kitchen and utility areas for the last several mornings. It has been terribly hot here for the last few weeks and the air conditioners have been running...
5
5

Skylight for flat roof access
I am having trouble finding a skylight to meet the following specifications: 1. Fit existing (external dimension) curb of ~35" x 50" 2. Work on (existing) minimal pitched curb (roof is flat, curb is...
1
1

sandfilter
I have just moved into a property that hsa a inground pool, I noticed that the multi selector valve was on recirculation and has been for 8 months since the pool was built when I put the multi valve...
2
2

Inclusion of Clause -- Missed Deadline -- How?
One of my friends just finished a bathroom remodel where the contractor not only finished ahead of schedule but undercost. My friend mentioned that he always puts two clauses in any contracts; a...
13
13

Buidling a base for a plastic shed
My sister in-law bought a plastic shed at Costco (Keter Bellevue) with floor dimensions of 100.5" x 80.5". ("")Someone at Home Depot said that she should set it on a pad of concrete blocks that sit on...
12
12

House Air Conditioner
Hello, My son and his wife will have to replace their house air conditioner. Live in Mass. Typical 3 bedroom Split style. I'm trying to help them out a bit, but certainly no expert with this. Unit...
11
11

Attic fan? Whole house fan? Neither? Both?
Hello again! I ran a search, and I am nor confused than ever, plus I have some other info from a contractor. We have a 2 story, 2400 square foot "modern colonial" home (from what I am told). LOL Here...
25
25

Gluing aluminum to glass
Got a question regarding an upcoming repair job: how to adhere an aluminum strip to glass. Client has a glass shower that had a metal channel attached to the bottom of the door (glass) that had come...
49
49