Subject Author Posted Replies

halp! need to fix paint sprayer sometime in the next century
HI, w have a paint sprayer that doesn't work it's a wagner, Don't seem to see the model number because it's covered with years of paint. Will figure that out later. Can somebody...
2
2

Mower Excessive Grass Buildup under Deck
Anyone found a way to keep grass from building up on under the deck of lawnmowers. I have a Ferris 48" Zero Turn and the grass builds up so thick after one or two mowing, that it will not cut. I am...
23
23

Hardening Rubber?
Let's say I wanted to harden the rubber on a solid rubber wheel. What sort of "juice" could I apply to the rubber? I understand that there are substances that can be applied to harden the rubber....
4
4

Shielding conduits
Hi, So I've learned that electrical wires can cause 60hz interference if running along side speaker wire or intercom Cat 5. Are there any good shielding ideas like using some kind of shielded...
14
14

NICE recessed lights.
Hi, I've been looking for recessed lights for my kitchen project. I've always liked Juno, but they don't have the kind of trim that we want in the finish that we want. So we'd like to...
1
1

generator storage
question on 3 year old generator (self-starter, battery equipped) stored unused for 3 years if unit was stored drained from fuel, is there anything detrimental to the non-use, assuming it was brand...
8
8

Nylon Tear Repair ?
Hello, Have a Nylon rain hood that goes over the top of my golf club bag to prevent rain from hitting the clubs. It has torn. Is there a generally accepted really good product, perhaps, for repairing...
8
8

tongue and groove clean up old oak
have some 100 year old hard rock maple tongue and groove flooring that I need to clean up and refinish. What is the best way to clean up the dirt and grime that has fallen into the cracks and tongue...
2
2

Recommendation for Borate wood-preservative product?
Looking for recommendations for a borate wood-preservative product meeting the following specs: 1. Easy to spray or brush-on exposed wood areas (before either closing up an are or before painting). 2....
10
10

corosion on battery contacts
I have 1 solar light that the battery contacts have some corrosion,it does not light up ,new batteries,take it down in the basement tried using sand paper and it lights up,it will work for a day or...
6
6

The tax man cometh
A semi-secret re-evaluation of property by the UK Labor government is going on and will be made public after the next election. The authorities are adding to a home-owner's evaluation such...
10
10

getting above ground pool back in shape
We have an above ground pool that has been unused for 3 years. It is not in good shape. We drained out all of the water except for about 3 inches. We had the pool guy come look at it to give an...
12
12

Using self leveling cement on a garage floor
All, quick question. I want to self level my garage floor. The floor has grime on it..paint, oil, etc. Should I etch the floor and power wash before self leveling or can I just self level? The next...
11
11

New Rules for Plumbing
So you installed an outside faucet and gave your wife a bill. I take it from that that she does the washing outside. In a big tub. With a washboard. Outstanding! Wish I had a wife like that! I bet she...
21
21

CFL won't fit in porch light.
Our outside porch light is fitted with an incandescent long-life 130 volt bulb (50 watts IIRC); currently we are using the second of two such bulbs we bought some 10 to 15 years ago. The bulb is...
9
9