x10 big red button doorbell

My neighbor and I both had some X10 gadgets and we were interfereing with each other. My garage door opener would turn on X10 , Pupose was to turn on lights in the house when you got home. Well it turned his on too. I was getting home at 2:30 AM so you can imagine how much he enjoyed this when his living room lamps came on.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Does anyone have one (or two) of these?

It appears it was first made as just an emergency button for indoor use, does the "big red button" hold up outside?

What I want to do is to set up two units on the same frequency so ringing the doorbell at the house or the shop rings at both the house and the shop. Range should be OK since it comes with a transceiver.... but will the transceiver work with the signal going out of my house panel to the drop then to the drop and panel in the garage? Both drops are on the same transformer secondary.

Thought I'd ask before they are open tomorrow.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

I wonder if I could get one that would work on my neighbor's stereo?

Jim

Reply to
JimT