WTB: Gas Meter Swivel Pipe

Hi

Can anyone with access to one, sell me a gas meter swivel? I need the outlet side. The meter is an American Meter Company, Model: AC-250 - this is a garden variety residential gas meter, as used throughout the Northeast.

The "meter swivel" pipe I need has about a three inch offset (makes two 90 deg bends) with one end a male 3/4" NPT thread and the other has a shoulder flange to fit into the meter.

I know I can get this part from the local gas company, but I don't want them coming over, just yet.

Reply to
MS

In other words, you are making modifications that you dont want them to see......

Hint...any legetimate HVAC or plumbing company can get that for you., or make it for you.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

OK, thank you, Mr. "implied moral judgement," that was very useful. Why stop at putting my post "in other words?" Why stop there? Why not make a haiku out of it? Here, I'll even give you an outline; you can fine tune it with your bible study group, later. Here it is; Ready? OK now:

Homemoaner* touches sacred pipe Pipe now profane - HVAC Trade man outraged Wants to call Ashcroft

  • term borrowed without permission from alt.hvac

Something like that, but I am sure you can rework it into something far better.

Ah, yes, yes, thank you very much indeed! "Legitimate" is the key word here, I see. No, sorry, this won't work for me. I don't do "legitimate." Thanks all the same!

Reply to
MS

Well, damn, looks like a nerve was hit... Poor baby. Tell ya what...I really dont give a damn what you do, but I sure do like being right. Bible Study group? You are thinking of Stormin Moron, but hes confused, so I can see where you might be as well.

LOL..Outraged. Not really. See, this is where the guilty (you) are so funny....and easy. Let me say it again...and with some real strong emphasis:

I really dont give a flying f*ck what you do.

Nope, its really more like I dont care what you do. You asked a question, you made it painfully obvious what you are doing. You got called out on it, and you dont like the answer. Do you Honestly think you are the first person to ask something so obvious? Funny thing is, your gas company probably woudl come out, replace the pipe for you and not look at anything else....unless of course, you have moved the meter so that you could tap in before the meter.....and yes, we find this all the time too, normally after the homeowners words of : You dont really have to pull permits do you?

Not a problem. You asked, you got your answer. Cant help it that nerves were hit and you didnt like it. Tell ya what tho...you really need to stop assuming so much....and calm down.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Oh, ok, Mr. "tell ya what," Mr. "I don't give a damn," Mr. "you got called on it." I think I understand you better now.

Thank you for sharing your insights!

Have a nice day!

PS

Say, Stephy, you wouldn't happen to have a spare meter swivel lying around? Would you? C'mon, I know you have one. Sell it to me. Name your price. I'll send you a Postal Money Order and I'll include a signed and notarized liability waiver.

Contact me off the NG to arrange for this illicit transaction.

Thanks a ton!

Reply to
MS

Understand what I am thinking now???

Good.

Quite welcome.

I will, no matter what....every day is a nice day. Its just filled with a few amusements..

Several, of different sizes...why?

Nope.

One million dollars.... :)

Yea..same here...

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Maybe the Westwood/Dedham/Norwood area meter readers (there must be at least one who reads this board) will start looking carefully as they make their rounds and he won't need to fix it. They'll send someone out and disconnect the meter. ;-)

RB

*CBHVAC* wrote:
Reply to
RB