wireless camera

i live 300mtrs from the ocean .houses have been built now blocking my view .

the advice i need is what wireless camera would be suitable to put up so that i can view on my tv.

Reply to
Joe Woods

So sad. Sorry.

How far from your house would you be putting the camera?

Reply to
micky

I get this kind of question all the time.

Do you really, really need real-time view of YOUR ocean? NO? Take a few snapshots and make a slideshow screensaver. Or log into one of the zillion webcams available around the world.

YES?

Where are you gonna put this camera? Does it really need to be wireless? How are you gonna power it? How are you gonna clean off the sea-salt and seagull crap? How are you gonna keep the sun from ruining the sensor?

If you have a place to legally install it and power it, there are cameras that can do this. But you won't like the price. And 300 meters is a bit much for anything in the license-free consumer grade category. They ain't the ones you get at best-buy. Look into traffic control cameras like the ones you see mounted at traffic lights.

Best advice I can give you is to wait longer than your attention span. The urge will subside and you can move on to another project.

Reply to
mike

Back when people still knew how to use the muscles in their legs and body, they would actually *WALK* 300 meters. I know this is hard to believe in this push button remote controlled space age, but if the OP ever meets and asks someone over the age of 50, he will see that I'm right about this.

And then they complain about obesity and clogged arteries in the 21st century!!!!

Reply to
thankme

But this way you can put up a monitor showing it and it would be just like looking out your window! Well, I do like to know what's happening at the ocean since I go surfing and it's pointless to haul the board to the ocean if it's flat. But we have surfline.com for that and there's a highdef cam at the beach I usually go to (Rockaway NY). Surfline's motto is "Know Before You Go".

It's possible that the OP wants to know if there is surf before going, or maybe he likes to just swim and wants to know that there is no surf. lt is a pain in the ass to haul chairs and umbrellas and coolers and such if you aren't going to like the conditions once you get there.

The Surfline cams are all around the world; it's sort of cool to check out the condtions in other countries even if I can't get there. The surf at Rockway Beach this weekend (and today) was dead flat but is exected to be 3 feet by Wednesday.

I think the Surfline cams are all wired though, with a deal made with someone having a house in the right position for a cam; you have to mount it somewhere. Maybe the OP can get Surfline to put up a cam if it's a surfing beach. Then just subscribe for $70 a year and you can watch it all day.

I am not affiliated with Surfline, just a fan.

Reply to
dgk