window replacement

Hi I want to replace the windows in my house. Can anyone point me to a good website or publication that goes into detail just how to do this? How to measure for the new one, ripping out the old etc... The original windows are an aluminum frame type that has one horizontal pane at the bottom and two vertical panes on top, with one that slides open. Thanks

Reply to
John H.

No , but I can suggest Consumer Reports for your selection, they tested apx 33. Also a rating Cdf- condensing factor, often over looked is poor on Pella LowEargon, something I regret every winter as my Andersons are fine. One thing 1/8" out on plumb, level or square is the max or your warranty is void from day 1 , some may even be 1/16th"

Reply to
m Ransley

"m Ransley"

When was the test in CR. I have not been getting the magazine for the last few months.

There was an article while back, at least a year or so. Is that what you're reffering to?

Rich

Reply to
RichK

It was an old article in CR